If you are thinking of having your business online then you need to find the best Hosting service first.
Website performance and more importantly mobile performance is critical for your online business. With more and more people using their mobiles, website speed and the right hosting service is a must if you are a business online.
As an SEO agency, it is my responsibility to advise my clients on the right hosting services for them. I also have to consider my team that has to work with a certain hosting company and how that hosting Company fits in with my agency.
Over the years I have had the opportunity to see first hand, many of the hosting services that are available in Ireland. Many are simply not up to scrach, are not Client friendly and have lots of hidden costs.
For those of you who don't understand what hosting is, Its where a website is uploaded onto a server and that server Hosts your website so it is visible on the search engines. That website's performance is dependent on the the quality of the hosting provider along with various website optimisations.
So what do I look for from a good Hosting Company?
- What I look for first is affordability for my clients.
- The ease of signing up for the first time for a hosting package.
- SSL certificates and how much they cost each year.
- The backend of the server so my team can easily reach the hosting settings.
- The customer care and the speed they get back to me when I am having problems.
- Customer Support and technical knowledge for technically issues when they arise .
- Server uptime guarantee which needs to be at over 99% consistently for premium performance.
- Hosting security so any business is protected online
- Domain name registration and Domain hosting Services.
- Wide range of good hosting packages like Shared server, Cloud server, Dedicated server options and Reseller Hosting Options.
- Fast Internet Connection.
- Email hosting.
- Spam filtering.
- Good Storage.
- Regular backups.
- Reseller options for web agencies who want to host their own clients on the one server.
These are just some of the things to consider when looking for a Hosting Provider that can give you everything you need to build a solid foundation for your online business.
Google's Upcoming Changes.
In 2020, Google announced that one of their key markers for rankings was faster website performance. Visitors expect fast loading and easy navigation when visiting an online business and will quickly leave if the website has any loading problems especially on mobile.
This new ranking factor makes sense as no one is going to be impressed with a slow loading website. I see so many online businesses not taking their Hosting seriously and pretty much leaving this to their developer to sort out for them. I also hear from clients that their web developers do not explain how important the right Hosting plan is for their business. This should be one the first things that should be discussed before the the development stage of the website.
So who do I recommend as a solid Hosting provider? My Answer is Spiral Hosting for all the reasons I have outlined above and more. They are an Irish Company which is always good and I like to support local business. They are also a very nice bunch of people to deal with and are helpful from the moment you have a hosting plan with them.
I recommend all my Clients to this company so they have the very best hosting and Support for their business. As an SEO agency with Search Engine Optimisation as my main focus, I have seen some very nice results coming in as a direct result of my clients being with Spiral Hosting. Obviously there is much more to do when it comes to SEO but Spiral would be one of the SEO tools I would use to put my clients higher in the search rankings.
For more information about Spiral Hosting please visit their website and do your own research.
Feel free to read some other Blogs from my website like What is SEO and How it Works?